2/08/18

{Spellbinders} Thank you...

I love florals.  I am scared of them because usually I see them in watercolors and all the gorgeous Copic coloring and I don't do well with either.  I recently received the new Hero Arts Watercolors and I had to dive in and check them out.  I paired them with this set of dies from Spellbinders and I was pretty happy with the results... (all products linked below)

Untitled

First, I dove in to the watercolors and just played around on a piece of watercolor paper.  When I had some good swatches of color, I die cut the blooms and leaves.  I was able to go back in with more concentrated color to add in some detail.  The colors are so bright and vivid!

I decided to flick on a little green in the background.  This was so easy to add on for a subtle amount of background color.  I die cut the Thank you from the Spellbinders Celebrate Two die set and added that to the card base in white cardstock.  

Untitled

I decided to leave it alone at that point and let the white background shine.  I do love white space.  But if you follow my blog, you know that about me.  :)

I have some more Spellbinders dies that I am working with now, so I will be back in soon to share!

Thanks so much for stopping in today!


7 comments:

  1. I'm pretty happy with the results too Laurie!! You should watercolor more often, this is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good. The card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply lovely!!! Your watercolor is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be happy with the results, Laurie...your watercoloring on the blooms turned out beautifully! Love all the splatters, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So delicate and pretty! I really love that you did the sentiment in white.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS