3/31/09

Too Busy for Girlfriends?

This day and age we are all so busy and alot of the time just don't have time for anything extra! I think that also includes our friends. Today I am going to share a couple of cards that would be great to send to a friend just to say Hi!


When we get something in the mail....the actual mail....not email, doesn't it just make you feel good? Especially something handmade! Sometimes these little notes are a pick-me-up, just letting you know you are note alone!
Here are 2 super simple but fun cards that would be easy to share!


This card is super easy to make. I layered the brown cardstock with Kraft CS. Stamped the image, cut it out, distressed the edges with Burnt Umber and attached it to the card. I used my paper piercing tool around the heart and added the sentiment!

For this card I have some pictures below of how I stamped the scalloped border! So easy to layer with Kraft CS and then the Brown CS and a riboon!

Here is picture of how I did it. I used TAC's Forever Family stamp set. Lining up the heart, I just stamped several time until I had an even border.

And here is the end result!

Friends are a gift from God. We all need them! So make a card today and send it to a friend to let him or her know you are thinking of them! Here is a great article to read about being Too Busy for Girlfriends! This is an online magazine that I get by email! Great articles to read and good reminders for us all!

http://www.christianitytoday.com/tcw/2009/janfeb/3.36.html?start=1









6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Laurie! Love how you created the scallops :)

    The article you shared was such a nice reminder. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the 1st card!! I have been thinking lately too that I need to send out some "Hi" cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use that heart stamp! Gonna have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards!! I am suscribed to that magazine (actually is a gift suscription from my best friend) and I LOVE that article!! thanks for sharing here!!

    Love,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Cards Laurie! Your border is so clever might have to lift this idea for one of my Funshops....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards. Great article and now you have inspired me. I just made a bunch of friendship cards on my blog and I have a new purpose for them now! Thanks for the reminder.
    Hugs,
    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS